This course is an ever-evolving series of videos released gradually over time, whose contents will include ideas of:
1. Code Worlds, Machinism, Materiality
2. Hyper-Reality, Meta-Markets, Energy
3. Inevitability, Acceleration, Virtuality
4. Transformation, Autonomy, Inventive Culture
5. Complexity, Unpredictability, the Metropolis
6. Extraction, Regeneration, Atmosphere
7. Virality, Exposure, Contagious Value
8. Biopolitics, Immortality, Genetic Engineering
9. Terminality, Sensation, Object Worlds
10. Neo-Psychology, Intelligence, Artificiality
11. Utopia, Dystopia, Hyper-Spatiality
12. Big Data, Digital Truth, Experimentation
Course Description: This course explores the ways in which futuristic worlds are imagined, and how these visions radically transform our paradigms of identity, knowing, sensation, memory, and desire.
A groundbreaking first look at how futurism plays out across our experiences of society, culture, technology, urban life, environment, information pathways, medical science, media, and design.
Instructor: Prof. Jason Mohaghegh